I grew up in Lancaster and have fished most of the lakes around Lancaster (and every bit of the canal as a kid!). There are some great lakes in the area and whilst the carp aren’t quite as quickly growing as some of the lakes on the south coast there are some excellent and challenging fisheries to go at.
More recently some of these lakes have started to add accommodation so you can stay while you fish. Some are on-site and some are lakeside with your own private peg. Read on below and select the type of break you’re looking for.
Select Your Lancashire Fishing Holiday Here
Fishing Lodges In Lancashire
We’ve searched across the county for the best lodges with private fishing pegs. These are focused on carp fishing but some have coarse fishing available as well.
Beacon Fell View Holiday Park, Garstang – Headline
Accommodation types: A range of accommodation types including luxury lodges through to static caravans.
Bedrooms: Various options
Hot tub: No
Reported Stock: The information on the lake is very limited.
Info: The lodges are in a nice countryside location in the Lancashire countryside close to the market town of Garstang. Garstang is a small town with some shops and a supermarket. There are a couple of nice pubs to eat at in the local area and a golf course if you wish to play.
The lodges here are described as luxury with all your modern amenities including a fully equipped kitchen and living area. The site also has a bar and restaurant and a children’s play area. If you want more activities then take your bikes as there are a number of cycle routes in the area.
Photo – Please note the 2 larger lakes are a local reservoir and not part of the park.
Docker Holiday Park – Private Lake On-Site
Accommodation types: Park-style lodges
Bedrooms: Various options
Hot tub: No
Reported Stock: Awaiting information from the site.
Info: This is a standard small holiday park with lodges available to rent or buy. The fishing is on 2 small lakes on site and none of the lodges has private pegs. This is a small site so it is not far to stroll over to them with your fishing gear. There are no private pages. This is more of a holiday park that has a lake on it rather than a specific fishing lodge. There are some activities on site and you can cycle to Lancaster down the Lune valley path which is nearby.
Lancashire Glamping Sites With Fishing Lakes
I love a bit of glamping with the family in the summer. Lancashire has some good sites that re prefect for families with unique glamping pods and fishing lakes on site. These don’t all have private pegs, most have fishing lakes on site (These may be an extra charge).
Stanley Villa Farm, Fylde Lancashire – On-site Coarse Lake
Accommodation types: Glamping pods, quaint small wooden pods. There are 24 of these on site and some bell tents in the warmer months.
Bedrooms: These are camping-style pods with just 2 single beds. They can be made into one double and you could get an airbed in to sleep 4. I would describe this as one step up from a tent in terms of facilities.
Reported Stock: The site has a coarse fishing lake on with carp up to 22lb and some ghost carp. There is also rudd and roach to keep the kids (or you) catching! You need to pay for a day ticket to fish the lake and there are 24 pegs around it. Try and get in around the back of the island if you’re carp fishing.
Info: A great place to visit for anyone looking for a camping or glamping holiday in Lancashire with some fishing. The site is 5 minutes from Whitmore Fisheries a complex with over 9 match lakes including a doughnut and canals. Well worth a visit while you are there. I’ve fished these fisheries when I was younger and it was always well-kept.
Lancashire Fishing Guide
Other Fishing Lakes In Lancashire
While visiting Lancashire why not try some of the other fisheries in their area? Here are a few to consider –
- Cleveley Bridge Fisheries – Forton, Lancaster
- Wyreside Lakes Fishery – Lancaster
- Wray Fisheries – Lancaster
- Thornwood Springs Trout Fishery – Lancaster
- Blakewell Fishery – Lancaster
- Lune Grange Fishery – Caton, Lancaster
- Bay Horse Inn Fishery – Lancaster
- Borwick Fishing – Borwick, Carnforth
- Dolphinholme House Farm – Dolphinholme, Lancaster
- Cunneries Fishery – Eccleston, Chorley
- Sycamore Fishery – Parbold, Wigan
- Elton Carp Lakes – Elton, Bury
- Bradley’s Lake – Standish, Wigan
- Bannister Green Fishery – Higher Walton, Preston
Things To Do In Lancashire
If you want to get out and about during your trip here are some popular attractions –
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach – Blackpool
- Lancaster Castle – Lancaster
- Beacon Fell Country Park – Longridge, Preston
- Forest of Bowland – Various locations throughout Lancashire
- Pendle Hill – Clitheroe
- Morecambe Bay – Various locations throughout Lancashire
- Ribble Steam Railway and Museum – Preston
- Gawthorpe Hall – Burnley
- Lytham St Annes – Lytham St Annes
- Samlesbury Hall – Preston
- Lancashire Coastal Way – Various locations throughout Lancashire
- Hoghton Tower – Preston
- Lancaster Canal – Various locations throughout Lancashire
- Williamson Park – Lancaster
- The Tolkien Trail – Hurst Green, Clitheroe
- Astley Hall – Chorley
- Clitheroe Castle Museum – Clitheroe
- Beacon Fell View Holiday Park – Longridge, Preston
- Fleetwood Market – Fleetwood
- Brockholes Nature Reserve – Preston