The Lake District is one of my favourite places to go on a fishing holiday. Having grown up in the north of England we were regular visitors to the lakes. I still like to go back when I can and have stayed at a couple of the places mentioned on this page. I’m also hoping to stay at even more!
Lake District Fishing Lodges
North Lakes Lodges at Brayton Park, Aspatria
Luxury Lodges at Brayton Park
Discover the beauty of England’s heartland at Brayon Park, a lakeside paradise offering the perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
- Spacious and comfortable lodges with stunning lake views.
- Superb fishing facilities, with a variety of fish to catch.
- Lakeside picnics and barbecue areas for family gatherings.
- Nature trails for hikers and wildlife enthusiasts.
- On-site shop for all your essential needs.
Fishing at Brayton Park
I have stayed here twice! Here is the fishing information
- Only the Lawson lodge has a private peg, the rest can fish the lake down the far bank
- The carp are generally between 4 and 7lb, the are a traditional wild strain
- The fishing is fast! We caught 86 in a week and still went out for the day every day!
Read my full Brayon Park review here.
Borwick Lakes, Close To The South Lakes - Carp to 25LB!
The Lodges at Borwick Lakes
Borwick Lakes is a stunning fishery set across 60 acres of scenic countryside in Cumbria.
- Luxury lakeside lodges – Choose from a selection of 2 and 3 bedroom lodges overlooking the lakes. All lodges feature fully equipped kitchens, spacious living areas, and private patios.
- Glamping pods – Unique glamping pods provide comfortable camping with access to shared facilities. Each pod has a double bed and heating.
- On-site camping – Camping pitches available for tents and touring caravans. Excellent amenities including hot showers, laundry, and camp store
- Luxury lodges available
- Peaceful, rural setting with mountain views
- Easy access from M6 motorway
The accommodation is in prefab plastic-type lodges that are similar to a static caravan. These look very nice but lack the level of space and luxury of Brayton Park which is featured above.
Borwick Lakes Borwick Carnforth Cumbria LA6 1BJ
Phone: +44 1524 751234
Fishing at Borwick Lakes
- 4 well-stocked coarse fishing lakes
- Specimen carp and pike fisheries
- On-site tackle shop and cafe
The site has 4 lakes to choose from and the website states there are carp up to 25lb. After checking some reviews the size cannot be verified by any photos. There look to be lots of good action on smaller carp an some mid to upper doubles. In my opinion, 25lb is possible form this venue although it looks better for some last action – A great place for a family fishing holiday.
Longsdale Park , Nr Keswick, Cumbria - Lodge With Private Pegs
The Lodge at Longsdale Park
Nestled in the heart of the Lake District National Park, Longsdale Park is a family-run fishery set across 20 acres of idyllic Cumbrian countryside near the village of Hawkshead. Featuring two well-stocked coarse fishing lakes stocked with mirror carp, common carp, ghost carp, crucian carp, roach, perch, tench and bream, it offers excellent fishing in a peaceful, natural setting. The fishery has on-site camping and glamping options available, allowing you to make the most of the scenic views and excellent fishing. With an on-site farm shop and café serving up delicious food and refreshments, it has everything you need for a relaxing fishing break in the lakes. Its convenient location near Ambleside also makes it easy to access from the surrounding towns and villages.
- 2 well-stocked coarse fishing lakes
- Specimen carp and tench
- Farm shop and café on site
- Camping and glamping are available
- Scenic location in the Lake District
- Easy access from Ambleside
The site has a good mix of accommodations with a wooden lodge with a private fishing peg. This has a traditional fishing lodge feel to it. The site also has a couple of cottages with private access to the lake bank as well as camping spots in the summer (not directly on the lake).
Fishing at Longsdale Park
- 3 coarse fishing lakes stocked with carp, tench, roach, perch and bream
- Specimen mirror, common, ghost and crucian carp to 18lb
- Expertise and support from on-site bailiffs
- Tackle shop selling bait, terminal tackle and refreshments
The site’s website shows some catches of good upper double-figure carp and a nice mix of commons and mirrors. It is also reportedly good for pike fishing in the winter months with pike up to 30lb. In my fishing experience, this looks like a good place for a lake district holiday with specimen fishing from your lodge.
High Thorn Park, Kendal, South Lakes
The Lodges at High Thorn Park
Set across two spring-fed lakes in the rolling countryside outside Kendal, High Thorn Park offers secluded and scenic fishing in the Lake District.
- 2 spring-fed lakes stocked with carp to 15lb, tench, roach, rudd and perch
- 24 hour night fishing available
- Located just 5 miles from Kendal town centre
At High Thorn Park you’ll find a choice of accommodation. The one that caught our eye was the Duck Hut situated right on the bank of the main lake. The lodge has 2 bedrooms and a bathroom and a small kitchen area and looks charming. It has its own peg in front of the lodge. You will also find cottages and camping spots on the site.
Fishing at High Thorn Farm
After taking the time to review the information High Thorn Farm looks like a good lake to fish for carp. From the photos, I would except them to grow to lower doubles as a maximum. The carp are a strain of wild carp similar to Brayton Park that do not grow massive, they are a long and lean English strain rather than the heavier European mixed strains.
High Thorn Park, High Thorn Lane, Kendal, Cumbria LA9 7EN
Phone: +44 1539 728234
Location On A Map
Lake District Blogs
Nearby - Lancashire Fishing Lodges
Check out nearby fishing lodges in Lancashire. Some of these are less than 30 minutes from the south lakes.