Derbyshire is the heart of the Peak District, surrounded with breath-taking views of the stunning countryside and enjoyable walks for all ages and abilities – a lakeside lodge is the ideal place to relax, unwind and take in the true exquisite beauty of nature. If you are a fishing enthusiast, a lodge is the perfect solution, with all of your home comforts close by and plenty of opportunity to do what you love best! There is a wide range of lodges to choose from and all offer a unique and wonderful experience to make memories.
Fishing Lodges In Derbyshire
Steam Mill Lodges, Derbyshire = Adults Only + Hot Tubs!
The Lodges at Steam Mill
Note – I have spent a very nice weekend at Steam Mill Lodges – You can read my review here.
Steam Mill Lodges, located in the serene setting of South Derbyshire’s National Forest, presents a perfect blend of luxury and nature. Ideal for couples, these lodges offer a quiet retreat with beautiful lakeside views, making it a splendid choice for a peaceful break.
Here is the view – We stayed in the Hazel lodge which is one of two with a clear view of the lake. The view was stunning, even on a wet grey weekend.
Key Points about Steam Mill Lodges:
- Luxurious Accommodation: The lodges provide a cozy and intimate setting, ideal for couples, with facilities including a hot tub, Wi-Fi, and a fully equipped kitchen.
- Pet-Friendly Options: Selected lodges allow small dogs, making it a great option for pet owners.
- On-Site Facilities: Along with in-lodge amenities, guests have access to two fishing lakes and nearby restaurants.
- Location: Situated in the National Forest, the lodges offer an excellent base for exploring the surrounding countryside.
- Adults Only: Steam Mill Lodges cater exclusively to adults, ensuring a peaceful and undisturbed stay.
Fishing Experience: The lodges provide access to two on-site fishing lakes. While the main lake has potential for big carp, it may require some maintenance for optimal fishing. The smaller lake, more like a pond, contains small carp up to 3lbs and is more accessible for fishing.
- Two Fishing Lakes: A main lake and a smaller pond within close proximity of the lodges.
- Carp Fishing: The lakes are home to carp, with the potential for larger catches in the main lake.
- Accessibility: Fishing spots are a short walk from the lodges, offering convenience for anglers.
Fishing at Steam Mill Lodges
Here is what I found on my visit. I did not fish the lakes on this trip.
- 2 lakes to fish
- 1 small stock pond with small carp on the surface
- The larger lake is around 5 acres and has 2 pegs available
- The lake is quite weedy in parts so you may need to fish over the weed at times
- Has the potential for some big carp from my experience
Lake View Lodge at Shortheath Water Fishery
You will find ‘Lakeview Lodge’ at Shortheath Water Fishery, which is a 24-peg lake. The idyllic self-catering lodge is fully furnished, equipped and contains all of the amenities you may require.
Private, with magnificent views of the nearby lake and fields – it is the epitome is peace and relaxation. A spacious, open-plan kitchen dining area makes it home from home and the comfortable living area has a large TV and LED fire. French doors lead off the balcony where you can sit and admire the stunning lake and the Lakeside Bistro provides a delicious range of refreshments ranging from Afternoon Tea to Sunday Roasts Tuesday-Sunday.
Should you fancy dining al fresco, outdoor furniture is provided and a gas barbecue. The lodge comfortably sleeps 4 people, with a double bed and 2 twin beds and an en-suite in each room. Parking is secure and the lodge has access to free Wi-Fi. There are also laundry facilities available in the outdoor shed. There are various footpaths also situated extremely close by, if you are a keen walker. Lakeview Lodge is located very closely to the nearby town Ashby-de-la-Zouch, where you could take the opportunity to visit the famous Ashby-de-la-Zouch Castle or Charnwood Forest Alpacas for a fun packed experience.
Fishing at Shoreheath Water Fishery
From the site’s information
- 4-acre lake
- 22 pegs
- Mixed coarse and carp fishing
- Carp to 25lb (unverified)
- 3 disabled access pegs
Darwin Lake Holiday Village, Peak District - Fishing & Hot Tubs (optional)
Darwin Lake Holiday Village is located in the Peak District, 3 miles from Matlock provides luxurious lakeside lodges that are the perfect venue for a short break. The gorgeous range of cottages has a 4-star rating and is stone-built, they have also recently undergone a makeover to ensure that impeccable standards are maintained. The lodges boast a convenient open-plan kitchen/dining layout and plush, comfortable bedrooms.
All of the holiday village lodges are fully equipped, with everything you may require and bed linen and towels are included. The lodges can sleep up to 116 overall, so perfect for any wedding parties or corporate events.
You also have the option to book the lakeside view hot tub to add a little more luxury and tranquillity to your stay, if you fancy a real treat. All of the impressive lodges are modern, spacious, immaculately clean and provide a deluxe stay. Nestled in the famous Peak District National Park, visitors will never be short of something to do.
Surrounded by beautiful walks, cycling trails and hiking – it is the ideal holiday location. If you fancy venturing out for something to do, The Heights of Abraham, Gulliver’s Kingdom and the Peak Rail are also very close by or perhaps visit The Blue John Cavern for a fascinating tour.
- Rustic lodges are surrounded by stunning countryside.
- A fishing haven with well-stocked lakes for anglers.
- Scenic walks and hikes in the Peak District landscape.
- The tranquil atmosphere for relaxation and unwinding.
- Children’s play areas and family-friendly amenities.
Fishing at Darwin Lakes
A mixed coarse fishery that was stocked in 2016 with carp, crucian, bream, tench and chub
- Mixed coarse fishing
- Exclusively for use by guests
- No private pegs
Longacre Fisheries, Derbyshire
Nestled in the picturesque landscape of Derbyshire, Longacre Fisheries offers a serene escape for those seeking tranquility and a passion for angling. This charming lodge park, renowned for its scenic beauty and abundant wildlife, is a haven for both novice and experienced fishermen. Surrounded by lush greenery and the gentle murmurs of nature, Longacre Fisheries provides an idyllic setting to unwind and indulge in the pleasures of fishing and outdoor living.
- Exquisite Fishing Lakes: Stocked with a variety of fish, offering challenges for anglers of all skill levels.
- Luxury Lodges: Fully-equipped, comfortable lodges with modern amenities, perfect for family stays or solo retreats.
- Breathtaking Natural Beauty: Set in the heart of Derbyshire’s countryside, offering stunning views and peaceful surroundings.
- Wildlife and Nature Trails: Ideal for nature enthusiasts to explore and enjoy local flora and fauna.
- Family-Friendly Environment: Activities and facilities tailored for all age groups, ensuring a delightful stay for families.
Location On A Map
Fishing Lodges at Dove Cottages, Derbyshire - Fly Fishing
Dove Cottages, located in Derbyshire, offers an idyllic fishing lodge experience on the River Dove. Here’s a detailed overview:
- Location: Set in Wolfscote Dale, 6 miles north of Ashbourne, Derbyshire.
- Accommodation: A Victorian 3-bedroom self-catering lodge that can accommodate up to 5 people (two twin, one single).
- Facilities: Includes a sitting room with views over the garden and river, dining room, kitchen with utilities, family bathroom, and drying facilities. Amenities such as an Everhot cooker, TV, and welcome grocery basket are provided.
- Fishing Experience: Offers exclusive fishing on a 2 ¾ mile stretch of the River Dove, ideal for catching wild and stocked brown trout.
- Additional Features: Large garden, storage facilities for anglers and walkers, pets allowed, non-smoking policy.
- Season: Fly-fishing available from April 1st to the end of the first week in October.
- Equipment: Fishing flies and nylon available for purchase; guests are advised to bring their own equipment.
- Access: Reserved pool directly in front of the cottage; the remainder of the river is shared with the 59 Fly-Fishing Club.
Springwood Fisheries in Derbyshire, 6 Lakeside Lodges & Glamping
Springwood Fisheries in Derbyshire offers a fantastic fishing and relaxation experience. Here’s an overview based on the information gathered:
Introduction: Located in the picturesque National Forest in South Derbyshire, Springwood Fisheries provides an idyllic setting for both amateur and seasoned anglers. With its two natural spring-fed lakes, it’s a prime location for a variety of fishing activities, ensuring engaging experiences throughout the year.
Key Points about Springwood Fisheries:
- Fishing Lakes: Two well-stocked lakes, including species like common, ghost, and mirror carp, crucians, tench, ide, chub, roach, rudd, perch, barbel.
- Facilities: Offers a clubhouse cafe, male and female toilets, a shower room, and a secure car park.
- Accommodation: Options include log pods, caravan and motorhome pitches, and a camping area.
- Location: Situated in South Derbyshire, close to attractions like National Trust Calke Abbey, and market towns of Ashby-de-la Zouch and Melbourne.
- Accessibility: Both lakes are easily accessible, including for disabled anglers.
Fishing Experience: Springwood Fisheries caters to anglers of all abilities, with its two lakes providing a diverse range of fishing opportunities. The Top Lake, with 24 pegs, and Bottom Lake, with 30 pegs, both feature a variety of depths and island features.
- Fish Varieties: Includes bream, carp, perch, roach, and tench.
- Tactics: Method and pole fishing are effective on both lakes.
- Fish Size: Fish sizes can go to the excess of 20lb.